Dental Implants: A Stable Solution to Replace Missing Teeth
Dr. Garima Purohit & Associates – Providing Dental Implants in Hanover
Dr. Garima Purohit offers dental implants in Hanover, PA. Dental implants are artificial roots and teeth (usually titanium) that are surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone. The teeth attached to implants are very natural-looking and enhance or restore a patient’s smile! They are a growing phenomenon in replacing missing teeth, and may even be used to replace multiple missing teeth as an alternative to dentures.
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restore or enhance facial tissues.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer numerous benefits (including many benefits over dentures):
- Restores your smile with a greatly improved appearance.
- Improve your speech as they work better than dentures that may slip.
- Very durable and may last a lifetime with routine care.
- Convenience – no need to remove implants as you would with dentures.
- Enhanced self-esteem – a restored smile results in a significant boost to your confidence.
- Comfortable – they act as any normal, regular tooth would.
- Easier to chew and eat foods – dentures.
What to Expect from Dental Implants by Dr. Garima Purohit:
The process of getting implants requires a number of visits over several months.
X-rays and impressions (molds) are taken of the jaw and teeth to determine bone, gum tissue, and spacing available for an implant.
Dr Purohit works with oral surgeon for this step, while area is numb, oral surgeon will place the implants. The implant will be surgically placed into the bone and allowed to heal and integrate itself onto the bone for up to six months.
Depending on the type of implant, a second surgery may be required in order to place the “post” that will hold the artificial tooth in place. With other implants the post and anchor are already attached and placed at the same time.
After several weeks of healing the artificial teeth are made and fitted to the post portion of the anchor. Because several fittings may be required, this step may take one to two months to complete.
After a healing period, the artificial teeth are securely attached to the implant, providing excellent stability and comfort to the patient.
You will receive care instructions when your treatment is completed. Good oral hygiene, eating habits, and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new implant.
Dental implants are very strong, stable, and durable and will last many years, but on occasion, they will have to be re-tightened or replaced due to normal wear.